Thursday 27 March 2014

HR Fish Truck

HR Fish Truck from a Lochgorm Kit

I decided to build this wagon in a short interlude between loco projects which presented itself before the Glasgow Show in February where I intended to buy a "Lochgorm" Yankee Tank kit which I knew, once started, would be a time consuming project and leave little time for this kind of indulgence. It's a Jones Open Fish Truck d.12 and is the second I've built to add to my Highland Railway train of mixed goods and passenger stock. However, whereas the first was finished in HR passenger green livery I intend the second, as there is much uncertainty about the actual colour of these vehicles, to take to the rails in goods wagon oxide. It needs a few more details to complete and an interesting and appropriate load of the fishy kind to bring it to life. I'm considering the possibilities... 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pete,

    There was some discussion on the HR Chatline a couple of years back as to how the fish would have been loaded. The conclusion was that they would have been in barrels which were covered in turf and then sheeted over; so the possibility of a fishy load may not be quite as visually exciting as you might have hoped!


    Mark

    ReplyDelete