Tuesday 10 March 2020

Dunrobin, construction complete.

Construction of Dunrobin is complete, note that all the fittings are cast brass. The brass nameplate displays the name in incised letters, it was etched by Narrow Planet.




Construction of Dunrobin is now complete, here are a few photos of the engine. Painting and lining will I hope be undertaken by Paul Moore, though I'll probably paint the cab interior and its details myself. The crew will be from Invertrain's Heroes of the Footplate range, which I sculpted myself, and I might paint a figure or two to go in the cab seats too.




Much buffer beam detail was added, brass rivets, safety chain suspension rings and horse hooks.  
Tank top inspection panels were added from photos from Beamish. Note the quality brass fittings.






Below the footplate is a busy place, the sandbox and the iron picnic box above the rear bogie wheel are brass castings.





I have added all the detail to the cab interior that I have evidence for, though I have omitted all the Canadian fittings which have also been removed from the real engine.



There is seating for four passengers above the coal bunker.


Dunrobin is due to be in service at Beamish in 2021, however I hope that my model will be painted and lined and in service herself before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment