Saturday 12 January 2013

Visitors at CD0GG Open Day

Caledonian Railway 264T Class engine with a goods train in the scenic section of the layout at CD0GG.

NBR/LNER agricultural implement wagon with Fordson "F" crawler tractor load.

Caledonian Goods Brake Van brings up the rear.

CR 264T Class 0-4-0 with wooden tender heads the train.

Caledonian Single No 123 awaits her turn in the sidings, a welcome visitor.

I resolved to take only finished painted stock to the club Open Day today in Carlisle and to this end I assembled a short goods train of appropriate stock headed by my trusty Caledonian Railway 264T Class engine. I took a petrol tank wagon built from a Slaters' kit; my recently finished NBR "IMP" with its tractor load and a Caledonian goods brake van that I built some time ago from etches supplied by Caley Coaches, to bring up the rear. The fine scenic section of the CD0GG layout proved to be a very effective setting in which to photograph the train, I think you'll agree it looked a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment